Fines for the violations of road traffic regulations in Basel
Like in all other European cities, drivers in Basel are extremely disciplined. This is an absolutely normal phenomenon. That is why extremely large fines are stipulated for the violations of road traffic regulations. Be careful on roads and do not violate the rules!
|Driving through a red light
|Driving a car on the road shoulder
|Unbuckled seat belt
|Parking with the working engine
A forei8gn driver is obliged to pay the fine at a bank right after a policeman writes the receipt. Otherwise, you will face up with extremely large difficulties when leaving the country.
Speed rate in Basel
Speed infringement in Basel is considered to be a very serious road traffic offence. Both the policemen and speed guns strictly follow the speed rate observation in the city.
- It is possible to accelerate to not more than 50 km/h within the limits of Zurich
- The maximum speed allowed on highways is 80 km/h
- The speed shall not be more than 120 km/h on express roads.
Parking in Basel
It is not recommended to leave a car in all sorts of places in Basel. Illegal parking undoubtedly results in a large fine. That is why you had better spend some time and find a suitable parking lot.
White car parks are available for everyone without any exception and practically always free, except for the cases when there is special information at the entrance to the park. Parking time is also not limited in the white zone.
- Yellow and blue car parks
In order to leave your car in a yellow or blue zone, you need to purchase a parking ticket. However, there is no point in buying parking tickets if you have rented a car for a not long period of time. It is better to use paid automated parking lots. One parking hour at such lots costs not more than 1 Euro.
Maximum blood alcohol level allowed in Basel
In Basel, the authorities extremely negatively relate to drunken drivers. However, for example, in comparison with Russia, this attitude can be regarded as quite loyal. The allowed blood alcohol level is 0.05 permille. However, this is not the reason for drinking alcohol beverages. In case you exceed the limit to at least a little bit, you will get an extremely large fine.
- In case the blood alcohol level is from 0.05 to 0.08 permille, the driver will be given a fine of from 500 to 700 Euro.
- In case there was a hot party, and the blood alcohol level is more than 0.08 permille, you will the fine whose size is 1000 Euro. You can also be deprived of a driving license for up to 90 days.
Do not forget that the fine is not the highest price for drunken driving. In some cases, the price can be human life.
Cost of fuel in Basel
Filling your hired car with fuel in Basel will not cause any difficulties. There are quite many fuel stations. The quality of fuel entirely corresponds to the international standards. It is possible to pay for fuel both in cash and by credit card.
- The price for one liter of fuel 95 is 1.44 Euro
- The cost of one liter of fuel 98 is 1.48 Euro
- One liter of diesel fuel costs 1.53 Euro
There is excellent news for those drivers who forget about the necessity to fill the car with fuel. It is allowed to carry fuel in cans.