Movement in Belize right hand, as well as in Britain. Although the country has signed the Geneva Convention, the tourists still need a driver's license of international standard. If you are bringing national, they are taken into account only if you have at itself, and international law.
Roads in Belize are still in a very poor condition. In the entire country there are only four tracks, each of them on two lanes, one in each direction. Often, to disperse, cars are forced to move down the road and pass another car. On the old road since colonization, things are even worse.
The main rules of the road, which you should keep in mind:
- driving is impossible to use a mobile phone:
- every passenger in the car has to be fastened seat belt - there can be no exceptions;
- You can only pass cars on the left side;
- because of the narrowness of the road there may be Belizean emergencies, so carefully follow the traffic around you and turn signals;
- be sure to include neighbors lights when just starting to get dark or visibility even slightly decreasing: the roadway often run out animals and children;
- watch out for cyclists as there is no sidewalk and special tracks, they ride on the roadway, often arising from nowhere.
The cost of fuel for the rented car in Belize
The network of filling stations in Belize is well developed only in the cities. Also, regular refueling caught near the highway, but less frequently. If you are going to rent a car to drive through the jungle with a city in Belize in the other - well refuel. The cost of a liter of gasoline today - 1.13 US dollars (or 2.26 Belizean). Diesel slightly cheaper - 1.01 (2.02) dollars.
The average speed in populated areas is limited to 20-25 miles per hour (40-50 km). On the route allowed to move at a speed of 55-60 miles per hour (80-90 km). Many violate this rule, which together with poor road surface makes the road trip to Belize rent a car is very dangerous. Transportation accident statistics occupy the first place in terms of fatalities.
Fines are high, and is mainly paid through the courts. The police stopped motorists rarely, but that's no reason to break. Extreme Roads Belize missing. In addition, in connection with the leased car in Belize may be the following situation: your breach recorded and transferred the case to court. When returning a rental car on it already can "hang" fine. Then the company rolled just write off money from your credit card.