Car leasing in Cannes: do not forget about the penalties
The French police officers have the right to levy fines for any traffic rules violation, which could be paid off directly in place, but under the condition of issuing an official receipt.
||Penalty sum, €
|Driving on a red traffic light
|Crossing of the solid white line
|Moving along the contraflow lane
|Absence of the car registration plate
|Driving with the broken lighting fixtures
|Exceeding of speed limit up to 20 km/h (outside/inside a built-up area)
|Exceeding of speed limit from 20 to 50 km/h
|Exceeding of speed limit for over 50 km/h
Having rented a car right in an airport of France, you should have a natural desire to start your journey along this marvelous country as soon as possible, including Cannes of course. Still, in order to have a pleasant acquaintance with France, never forget about the compliance with traffic rules, including the speed limits.
If there are no signs with any other figures, the standard restrictions for the passenger cars will be the following:
- 50 km/h – in a built-up area,
- 90 km/h – outside a built-up area,
- 110 km/h – on a motorway,
- 130 km/h – on a trunk highway.
Under the conditions of a «wet» road, you should keep the following speed rate:
- 80 km/h – outside a built-up area,
- 100 km/h – on a motorway,
- 110 km/h – on a trunk highway.
Under the condition of a poor visibility for less than 50 m, the top speed limit should be no more than 50 km/h, not depending on the road type.
Parking in Cannes
Travelling along Cannes in a hired car, supposes that there will occasionally arise a necessity to leave your car in a parking zone, for example while sightseeing. Therefore, you should remember a few basic rules:
- It is forbidden to leave your car at the same parking lot for the time period exceeding 24 hours;
- Automated parking meters are widely spread in France. They are called “horo dateurs”. Special cards, providing a parking place, could be purchased in the licensed tobacco shops – “tabacs”;
- In case there is no information about the parking cost, you will not need to pay for it during the time period from 7:00 PM to 9:00 AM, as well as during the weekends, holidays and the entire August month;
- Any violation of the parking rules will be punished by the penalty of 17 €.
Have you booked a car in Cannes? Then become aware of the admissible blood alcohol level
The top blood alcohol content level, which is admissible while driving a car in Cannes, comprises 0,5 per mille. In case the blood alcohol level exceeds this figure, but still does not reach the value of 0,8 per mille, there is assigned a penalty at the rate of 135 €. If the blood alcohol content exceeds the level of 0,8 per mille, this promises a fine up to 4500 €, as well as driver’s license deprivation for the term of 3 years. Such violation can be also punished by the imprisonment up to 2 years. In case of refusal to pass examination for the blood alcohol content level, the penalty will be the same as in the latter case.
The usage of motorways and passing through some of the tunnels and bridged in France is fee-based. The toll amount depends on the distance made and motor vehicle category. The toll trunk highways are controlled by several companies, which are located in different regions. The sum intended for payment while passing through a particular road section can be seen on a special sign installed at the very entrance. There are several ways of payment:
- By cash;
- By credit card;
- By means of a remote payment system.