Penalties for violation of traffic rules
On average for a traffic violation in Copenhagen are fines of 67 euros (for parking) to 2,000 euros (driving while intoxicated). And:
- for overspeed relies penalty of 455 euros;
- for talking on a cell phone - 67 euros;
- for running a red light - 135 euros;
- for wrong overtaking - 135 euros.
In Copenhagen, there are standard for most of the Scandinavian countries the speed limit:
- within the city limits - up to 50 kilometers per hour;
- in the vicinity of Copenhagen - up to 80 kilometers per hour;
- on highways - up to 110 kilometers per hour;
- on motorways - up to 130 kilometers per hour.
Parking in Copenhagen allowed everywhere, where there is no prohibition signs and road markings. In the city center parking is prohibited, but there almost every building there are special parking pay by the hour. The cost of this service will depend on the distance from the center of Copenhagen: the further - the less.
The cost of parking in Copenhagen:
- From Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00 - 28 DKK (red zone);
- Saturday from 8:00 to 17:00 - 17 Danish zone (green zone) and 10 DKK (blue zone).
- Sunday - parking is free.
The cost of fuel
In Copenhagen, as well as in the rest of Denmark, for the refueling of cars are diesel fuel and 95-octane gasoline. The average cost of a liter of petrol here costs drivers about DKK 10.79, diesel fuel - 9.75 kroons.
The rate of alcohol in the blood
Despite the fact that in Copenhagen in Denmark in particular and in general, the maximum allowable rate of alcohol in the blood is 0.5 ppm (in Russia this figure is zero), traffic police are very sensitive to driving under the influence.
For violations of this kind are provided not only heavy fines of 1,000 euros, but a prison term of 10 years, life-long driving ban, as well as the confiscation of the vehicle. It is noteworthy that the drivers are tested not only on alcohol, but also drugs.