Speed limits applied to the cars booked in Florence
In order not to become frustrated because of a given penalty, you should comply with the speed mode regulations that work upon the territory of Italy and thus in Florence as well. Of course, it is important to remember that the Italian legislation allows a 5% margin of error in the driver’s favor while detecting the speed limit. Nevertheless, rules are the rules.
- Inside the city and in any other built-up are you should drive not faster than50 km/h;
- Outside a built-up area please make speed of 90 km/h;
- The motorway allows to reach the mark on the speedometer of 110 km/h;
- On the trunk highway it is recommended to keep the speed of 130 km/h.
The blood alcohol content level permissible for a driver of a car leased in Florence
It is allowed to drink a little of alcohol while being at the wheel. However, you should know your limit, so that the breathalyzer could show no more than 0,5‰. Otherwise, there could be applied the following measures:
- alcoholic intoxication from 0,5‰ to 0,8‰ is punished by the penalty from €527 to €2108, besides, the driver’s license will be deprived for the time period from 3 to 6 months;
- the blood alcohol level comprising from 0,8‰ and up to 1,5‰ will result in a material penalty from €800 to €3200, and a driver’s license deprivation for the time period from 6 to 12 months. There is also possible an imprisonment for the time period up to six months depending on the situation;
- after the breathalyzer reaches the 1,5‰ mark, you will meet major issues. First of all, there will be imposed a penalty from €1500 to €6000; secondly, a driver’s license deprivation for the time period from 1 to 2 years, and possibly this epic will be crowned with the imprisonment for the time period from six months to one year and car confiscation.
- In case of refusal from the health screening, there will be imposed practically the same measures, as in case of a blood alcohol content level exceeding the 1,5‰ mark.
Here are some regulations, which are obligatory for compliance if you are driving a car rented in Florence:
- It is a must for a driver and passengers sitting at the front and back seats to fasten their safety belts;
- It is forbidden to turn on the dimmed headlights under the condition of poor visibility (if it is raining or even snowing);
- The children under the age of 3 years should be transported only in special retaining devices particularly designed to this age. And the older children with the height lower than 150 cm should be transported in boosters;
- The phone talks should be performed only if the car is equipped with the communication devices, which allow to talk under the hands-free condition.
In the small Italian towns, to which Florence does not belong, there is one pretty feature — when passing through them during the day, at lunch time, you can get into the «quiet hours» — some fuel filling stations simply do not work at this time. Near the major highways you can service your car for 24 hours a day by the 95 (€1,75) and 98 (€1,88) standard lead-free petrol, as well as by the diesel fuel (€1,64). If you need gas, this variant is also possible.