Take a rental car in Rotterdam? Be sure to check with the local rules of the road:
- Do not exceed the generally accepted for each type of road or special speed limits;
- Do not forget about the installed traffic cameras, photographing cars that go faster than regulations;
- It is forbidden to drive a vehicle while intoxicated;
- When visibility is poor turn-dazzle;
- Always place a child under the age of 3 years only in special chairs;
- Do not talk on the phone while driving;
- Wear seat belts.
The cost of fuel
At the disposal of car owners Rotterdam has diesel and unleaded petrol in two grades for refueling vehicles. Also available are many gas stations offering LPG. The cost of fuel is determined on a daily basis, depending on the pricing policy of the largest oil companies in the Netherlands.
- Gas (LPG) - 0.753 euros per liter;
- Petrol 95 - 1,743 euros per liter;
- Petrol 98 - 1,814 euros per liter;
- Diesel - 1.369 euro per liter.
In Rotterdam, as well as the entire state, is allowed to drive a vehicle with a maximum content of alcohol in the body - 0.5 ppm. This is an average figure among most countries. By driving under the influence in the city are the most serious, and for exceeding the permissible standard driver waiting for a large fine from 350 to 750 euros, as well as more stringent penalties.
Making rental in Rotterdam: features parking
Types of parking:
- P + R - parking costs 8 euros, the driver is issued a special card, which allows free travel on public transport from the parking lot to the center and back;
- P-Zone - paid parking coupons sold in vending machines (ticket is located behind the windshield);
- Blue Zone - parking with special parking disc with the time.