To drive in Aruba, you must be of international standard. Traffic on the island right hand that should be considered when choosing a car. Also consider the fact that in the northern part of the island the road in quite a bad state, and then to travel is better to choose a jeep. Rules of the road are quite European, but there are some features:
- mobile phone use while driving is prohibited;
- All passengers in the vehicle must wear; safety of children up to 12 years in Aruba is not specified and is left to the driver;
- overtaking transport is only possible on the left side;
- do not leave the vehicle in the sand dunes - is strictly forbidden on the offender waiting for a big fine.
Roads Aruba mostly flat, paved, into two bands. There are several circular fork. The level of accidents is very low due to regular life, which affects the style of driving.
Fuel costs in Aruba
The island is small, charging is everywhere. Gasoline - about 1 US dollar per liter. Diesel fuel is a little cheaper.
In and near the road, not only take cash (US dollars accepted without problems), but also credit cards of all systems. Problems can arise in the outback, where they take cash only. Sometimes it happens that they ask to pay in local currency - Florina. Therefore, after the arrival of some of the exchange of cash in the bank in order to avoid problems in this situation.
All hotels have their own parking for guests, but to find a place where you can leave the rented car on Aruba is easy. Paid parking on the island there.
On the island are placed everywhere signs, duplicated in kilometers. The maximum permissible speed for the drive:
- in the village - 40 km / h;
- All of the village - 60 km / h;
- on the motorway - 80 km / h.