Basic requirements for the driver:
- Do not exceed the speed;
- Do not drive a car while intoxicated;
- Do not leave the vehicle outside the car parks;
- Do not use a mobile phone while driving;
- It is forbidden to shave and apply makeup while driving;
- Do not drive in forbidden days (depending on the license plate).
For each type of road has its own speed limits:
- On the free highway you can drive no faster than 90 km / h;
- The limit for the village - 60 km / h;
- Some sections are marked restriction of 20 km / h;
- The highest speed toll highways - 110 km / h.
It is important to observe the restrictions, as for their violation relies fine.
Toll roads: the subtleties of rental cars in Cancun
Paid / free roads can be identified by road signs with the inscription - Libre (free), Cuota (charge). Toll roads are better quality with lower density of traffic flow. Payment is made at the entrance or exit in a special paragraph. The amount of payment depends on how long you were driving through toll stations (calculated mileage). The cost of 100 km - about 10 USD.
A road sign with crossed out the letter E is the most common in Cancun and throughout Mexico. It indicates that the parking of vehicles in the place is prohibited. The average price paid parking - 1,5 USD per hour.
Recommendations for parking:
- Do not leave the car at any place you like - only in the parking lot;
- Use the toll parking closed to prevent theft;
- Do not leave vehicles in the forbidden zone - you write out fine and evacuate the car;
- Prefer parking in a crowded field.