Police Colombo belongs to the tourists and the violators of traffic rules generally condescending, minor penalties and write is rare, but ignore local rules is not:
- Transport moves on the left side;
- You must use a beep if you are going to make any maneuver, for example, overtake;
- Overtaking on the oncoming lane, sound the horn oncoming cars using high beam;
- Particular attention should be paid to the bus - they do not give way to any vehicles;
- Do not exceed the permitted limit of alcohol and follow the speed limit.
Despite the fact that the local drivers of traffic rules are rarely enforced, should not exceed the accepted speed limit in Colombo that meet state standards. Limitations depend on the location of the road - within or outside of the city:
- In the city you can drive 56 km / h;
- Outside the Colombo - 72 km / h.
Subtleties car rental Colombo Parking
Parking spaces in Colombo sufficient as rules of the road are allowed to leave the car anywhere. The main thing - to close on or prohibiting signs absent. You can also use the parking spaces provided by the hotels, located in the city. Naturally, this requires them to settle. A large parking is available at the airport in Colombo.
The cost of fuel
The country and its capital city have a low price policy with respect to the fuel, which is used for fueling vehicles. Fuel prices set here, even substantially below average. In Colombo, there are gas stations with unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel.
Average fuel prices:
- 1 liter of gasoline costs 96 cents;
- 1 liter of fuel will cost 71 cents.