Rules of the road in the rented car in Glasgow
Upon receipt of the car rental in Glasgow, the client has the following documents:
- international passport;
- driver's license with a mark "International driving";
- a voucher that is supposed to rent cars through the Internet;
- credit card, which is issued to the driver.
Having a car rental in Glasgow are invited to fill a full tank to the client on their own. Granted rental point fuel is much more expensive.
Traffic on the roads Glasgow drive on the left, so have the advantage of machines that are moving on the right side.
During the movement of seat belts have to be on all passenger cars, seated at the front and rear seats.
Talking on a cell phone while driving is strictly prohibited.
The speed limit in the city are:
In the central streets
30 miles / h / 48 km / h
In the immediate vicinity
60 miles / h / 96 km / h
On the highway
70 miles / hour / 112 km / h
Fines for traffic violations
Glasgow distributed video surveillance system the situation on the roads. It developed a whole system of fines:
- for the content of alcohol in the blood above the norm laid a fine of 5,000 pounds;
- for speeding - more than 1 thousand pounds;
- for not wearing the passenger belt - 500 pounds;
- for talking on a cell phone while driving - 1000 pounds;
- for travel on prohibiting the movement of traffic signal - 1000 pounds.
The permissible level of alcohol in the blood - 0,8 ‰. The indicators above the norm is punishable by a large fine and deprivation of rights for up to a year.