- In Japan, cars are moving to the left side;
- Race each other only on the right side;
- Allowed to drive a car with 18 years of age;
- To use the machine, you must swap the right type of international to local;
- Behind the wheel is forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages;
- It is forbidden to park in non-smoking areas;
- It is forbidden to drive through a red light;
- It is not allowed to exceed the permissible speed limit.
Terms of rental cars in Japan: the penalties for violation of traffic rules
As in all civilized countries, in Japan rather strictly related to drivers violating traffic rules.
Exceeding the speed limit by more than 60km / h
Driving a vehicle while intoxicated
How to get to a stoplight
Non-use of seat belts
Parking in the wrong place
Operation of transport, which is in poor condition
Imprisonment for up to 3 months
In Japan, there was a rather problematic situation with parking, especially in large cities. For example, to buy a car in Tokyo can only be when there is its own parking space within 2 kilometers from his home.
In big cities there are plenty of paid hourly parking to be found, focusing on the special road signs and markings on the roadway. It should be borne in mind that fines for parking still quite high.
The maximum permissible speed depends on what you are driving a car and in what areas:
- In large cities, the restriction is set at around 40 km / h;
- Top speed on the highway is 80 km / h;
- From the side of the road drivers are allowed to drive at a speed of 30 km / h.
In urban areas and large cities, congestion and traffic density - a big problem. Also, drivers must take into account that for speeding in Japan provides severe penalties for violators.
In Japan, the allowed rate of alcoholic substances in the body of the driver is a figure of 0.0 per thousand. The country drivers must be observed "dry law". This punishment awaits not only drivers who drink alcohol, but passengers who sit in their car. Passengers violators will be fined in the amount of 3000 dollars. The same applies to bus passengers as a tourist, and routing. Even in Japanese bars bartender not sell visitor a drink, knowing that he is behind the wheel.
The cost of fuel
In Japan, there are many gas stations. The country sold unleaded petrol and diesel. Leaded fuel for refueling vehicles not used.
- The average price of gasoline is $ 1.15 per liter;
- The cost of diesel fuel at filling stations in Japan is about 0.96 dollars.
Most gas stations are not running around the clock, and up to a certain time. However, you can find a lot of convenience ingredients.