Despite the fact that the movement on the roads of Nairobi more like chaos, the city has a list of traffic rules, which must comply with the drivers:
- It is forbidden to drive a vehicle while intoxicated;
- Drivers undertake once in 3 years tested for knowledge of traffic rules;
- Parking is not permitted in non-places;
- You can not leave on the sidewalk, walk on the side of the road;
- Do not exceed the speed limit.
Almost all of the parking spaces in Nairobi require making payment. Leave the vehicle in the parking lot can be no longer than 3 hours. To pay for parking using special wheels, which can be purchased at roadside stores and petrol stations. With disk pinpoint the time remaining from the driver, and the cost of parking.
The speed limit which can not exceed the rental car in Nairobi
Vehicles with high speed movement on the territory of Nairobi is not very welcome. It passed the relevant speed limit, depending on the type of road:
- The fastest way to travel on highways - 100 km / h;
- Within the city are allowed to accelerate to 55 km / h;
- Outside the settlements on non-paved roads you can ride at a speed of 70 km / h;
- Maximum for protected areas - 25 km / h.
Traveling to Nairobi on your own car, you can not worry about the availability of paid travel on certain roads. In the city and throughout the country are predominant road with poor quality pavement. This is likely to cause a lack of toll highways and motorways. Within the city limits or beyond its borders since you will not have to pay for using the roads.