The cost of fuel for the rented car in Reunion
To fill the car on the island can be different types of fuel. At gas stations have unleaded gasoline, diesel fuel. There is also a station selling gas for cars. The cost of fuel is almost the same all over the island, the figures can be seen in the following table:
Type of fuel
Price per 1 liter €
Parking the car, rented in Reunion
Park your rental car in Reunion simple, the main thing - to choose for this the closest parking, street parking in the marked area. Parking on the island paid, however, in the period from 12:00 to 14:00 free of charge. Leave the car in the same place for more than a day is prohibited, with the exception - the long-term parking lot where the car can stay indefinitely.
Billing, schedule parking written on a sign. If this parking machine, all the terms of service are indicated directly on the unit. Standard cost of street parking is about 0,65-1 €. When the car is parked properly, will have to pay a fine which according to the laws in force here is 40 €.
Trails on the island of narrow, winding, because the area is 60% rock, volcanoes, lava landslides. Pointers on the streets there, but not enough of them, so there will not be like the way, the car GPS-navigator. Speed limits movement in Reunion - similar to that which operates in the rest of France.
Difficult weather conditions, km / h
Normal weather, km / h
According to city streets
On the highway the minimum speed of 80 km / h, if the visibility is very limited, allowed to go no higher than the figure of 50 km / h. To monitor compliance with driving rules set cameras, as road workers supervise Highway Patrol.
Before landing, the driver behind the wheel should be familiar with the rules of behavior on the road. Failure to do so is fraught with penalties. The main provisions of the following laws:
- When renting a car driver must be at least 20 years, while he should have driving experience of 1 year or more.
- When managing a machine driver must have the right international standard insurance policy. Also in the car has to be reflective vest, warning triangle, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, a set of spare bulbs for headlights.
- The driver sitting behind the wheel, to be sober, permissible levels of alcohol in the island - 0,2 ‰. For excess of the level of intoxication would have to pay a fine of 135 €. In addition, according to the law the driver must carry a disposable breathalyzer.
- During the day, if the visibility is limited, it is necessary to include the lights dim lighting, this rule also applies when passing through tunnels. For all-wheel drive cars, it is desirable to use a permanent dipped. The penalty for driving at night, when visibility is reduced and switched off the headlights is 135 €.
- A similar amount will have to pay if the driver, front passenger and rear seats are moved without the use of seat belts.
During the conduct of the machine motorist not allowed to talk on a cell phone. To this end, a means of communication must be fitted with a special headset. Failure to comply with the rules is fraught with a fine, the amount of which is 135 €.