Fines for traffic violations in Sharm el-Sheikh
A police officer is not required to stop the driver violated traffic rules. It simply records the number at the machine, makes the report and after a time the culprit causing the station to present a receipt for payment of the fine. Since all the papers are filled in Arabic, the offender is a foreigner, be warned beforehand about the translator.
Driving without a seat belt
100 - 300 EGP
Chatting on a cell phone while driving
100 - 300 EGP
Check into the oncoming lane
1000 - 3000 EGP
Car Rentals in Sharm el-Sheikh: Parking
In Egypt, you can not put the car near the government buildings and residences of politicians, but you can park free on the street. However, to make it physically extremely difficult due to the excess of cars in the resort town. At night, rented cars can be parked on the paid parking, which in Sharm el-Sheikh lot. Cost of service - 15-20 EGP. Parking for 2-3 hours will cost 5 EGP.
- During the movement not allowed to talk on the phone.
- All passengers must wear seat belts.
- Movement in the country right hand, can only overtake on the left.
- Young children should be transported in car seats.
- The minimum age for the driver of rented car in Egypt - 25 years.
- On the road you can ride at a speed of up to 100 km / h.
- The rate of movement in the city should not exceed 60 km / h.
The cost of fuel
Car rental in Sharm el-Sheikh will not hit the pocket, since fuel is cheap. A liter of gasoline costs an average of 1,75-1,85 EGP, diesel - 1,1 EGP, gas - 0,45 EGP. In the desert refueling rare, so better stock up fuel for future use.