Fines for the violations of road traffic regulations in Tallinn
Strictly follow the road traffic regulations. The policemen in Tallinn are extremely vigilant, and the sums of fines amaze everybody.
|Driving on the contra-flow lane
|Driving through a red light
|Ignorance of pedestrians on passing places
||From 200 to 800 Euro
Foreign drivers must pay the fine on site and in cash directly to the policeman.
Speed rate in Tallinn
When getting behind the wheel of a car in Tallinn, remember that speed infringement is considered to be a very serious offence invoking a large number of problems.
- It is possible to accelerate to not more than 30 km/h in living quarters.
- The maximum speed allowed on the city streets is 50 km/h.
- The speed shall not be more than 120 km/h on highways and express roads.
The speed rate control in Tallinn is very severe. Both policemen and speed guns work on every part of the road.
Parking in Tallinn
It is possible to find free car parks on the outskirts of the city. The parking lots located in the city center are exceptionally paid. At that you will have to pay not for every hour but for every 15 minutes. However, at some parking spaces the first 15 minutes are absolutely free. Follow the information signs at the car park you have chosen.
In order to park your car, you will need the so called parking hours. It is necessary to fix the time of your arrival at the car park, and fasten the information under the windscreen. It is possible to pay for the parking place to a parking attendant or by means of a special machine. The payment is often made in cash.
Allowed blood alcohol level
If you wish to drink alcohol beverages, pay attention to the fact that the blood alcohol level allowed in Tallinn cannot be more than 0.02 permille. If you exceed this figure, get ready for consequences:
- In case the blood alcohol level is from 0.02 to 0.05 permille, the fine will be from 400 Euro. In addition, you will be deprived of a driving license for the term of from 3 to 9 months.
- Providing the level is more than 0.05 permille, you will get the fine, whose sum will make up from 1200 Euro, and be deprived of a driving license for up to 1 year.
Remember that deprivation of a driving license is the exclusive right of the court. That is why you are not allowed to drink when driving a car if you do not wish to face up with a mass of additional problems.
Cost of fuel in Tallinn
There is a large number of fuel stations in Tallinn located both on the outskirts and in the center. You can buy fuel 95, fuel 98 and diesel fuel at any time of the day. However, there are rather fewer gas stations. Besides, most of them are located outside the city. The cost of fuel is a little bit lower than the average European one.
- The price for one liter of fuel 95 is 1.27 Euro
- One liter of fuel 98 costs 1.31 Euro
- The price for one liter of diesel fuel is 1.29 Euro.
The drivers can carry a small amount of fuel and diesel fuel in cans.