Rules of the road in Denmark
To journey to Denmark was perfect and left a very positive emotions and positive impression, you must comply with all the basic traffic rules that apply in this country:
- Denmark-hand traffic on highways;
- only the left side is allowed overtaking vehicles;
- Children are transported in special restraints;
- the permissible level of alcohol in the driver's blood should not exceed 0.5 ppm;
- during operation of the vehicle is not allowed to use phones not equipped with special technical devices;
- drivers with poor eyesight have to drive a car with glasses or contact lenses;
- regardless of the time of day must be enabled dipped headlights;
- drivers must give way to pedestrians, cyclists and public transport;
- at the entrance to the circular motion is necessary to pass the cars that are already moving through it.
Depending on the area in Denmark has the following speed limits:
- in the city to 50 kilometers per hour;
- in the country - from 80 to 90 kilometers per hour;
- on high-speed roads from 110 to 130 kilometers per hour.
It must be borne in mind that the Danish police strictly monitors all violations of speed limits. For these purposes, commonly used various radars and surveillance cameras. When the driver stopped by the police, you will have to pay a fine on the spot. And if surveillance cameras recorded the breach, the amount of the fine will be charged to the credit card of the driver of car rental company.
For parking rental car on city streets Danish drivers need to worry about buying a "parking disc". It is sold at almost every gas station, banks, post offices, travel agencies, as well as some police stations. Putting the car with the drive can be for a period not exceeding three hours.
You can park the car on the roadside, but no more than one hour and is strictly reserved for this time - on weekdays from 9.00 to 17.00, on the weekends - from 9.00 to 13.00. The disc is mounted on the side window of the car from the curb so that the arrow indicates the time when the rented car was parked.
- 455 € for exceeding the set speed;
- 67 € for communicating on a cell phone without a hands free;
- 135 € for the wrong overtaking;
- from 135 to 200 € for travel on prohibiting traffic light;
- from 1000 € to several thousand euros for driving under the influence. In the event that the driver three times in three years, the police stopped for driving under the influence, he faces up to 10 years in prison and confiscation of the vehicle.
In Denmark, it is strictly forbidden to drive a car or in a state of narcotic intoxication. The penalty for violation of this rule can be quite strict, by a fine of several thousand euros including imprisonment. To check the driver's police have the right to stop completely any machine at any time. At the disposal of the police, there are special devices that allow maximum accuracy, detect the presence of alcohol or drugs in the blood of the driver.
In Denmark, there is no such thing as a toll road. The only thing that will have to pay - a journey on the Great Belt Bridge and the Øresund Bridge. The cost of the fare is calculated based on the weight of the car, its length and height, the average fee is 18 (for motorcycles) to 99 (for vans with the principle of euros).
In that case, if the driver will pass through a payment station without paying, it will be imposed in the amount of 500 DKK.