- For the exceeding of speed limit in the built-up areas - from 21 Euro up to driver’s license revocation for a six week period;
- Level of blood alcohol content up to:
- 1,19% is imposed by a penalty of up to 3700 Euro along with the driver’s license revocation for a 1 to 3 months period;
- 1,59% is imposed by a penalty of 1200 to 4400 Euro along with the driver’s license revocation for a 4 months period;
- 1,6% is imposed by a penalty of up to 5900 Euro along with the driver’s license revocation for a 6 months period. The same is provided in case of refusal of consent to pass a blood alcohol content test.
While renting a car in Innsbruck, it will be useful to become aware of the speed limit regulations an all types of roads. If there are no special signs on the roads, the following instructions should be adhered:
- Motor vehicles up to 3,5 tons and motorcycles: in built-up areas – up to 50 km/h, outside the city – up to 100 km/h, on autobahns – 130 km/h.
- Motor vehicles up to 3,5 tons with trailers: in built-up areas - 50 km/h, outside the city – up to 80 km/h, on motorways – up to 100 km/h.
The bottom speed limit on the autobahns is 60 km/h.
Having decided to park a booked car in the streets of Innsbruck, please remember that the parking there is fee-based and time-limited:
- Parking for a 10 minutes period is free of charge;
- Parking for a 30 minutes period costs 1 Euro;
- Parking for a 60 minutes period costs 2 Euro;
- Parking for a 90 minutes period costs 3 Euro;
- Parking for a 180 minutes period costs 4 Euro.
If you are looking for a longer period of parking services, please take advantage of underground garages or larger parking areas. A garage fee is up to 25 Euro (per day), and a surface parking fee is up to 3 Euro (per day). The fee-based parking lots within the city area are marked with a blue line. In order to pay for the parking services, please apply to a “Traffic” shop, where you will get a voucher-timer for a specified time period. A free parking is marked with a white line.
Admissible alcohol limit while hiring a car in Innsbruck
The top limit equals to 0,49%, but for the drivers with a driving experience less than 24 month the admissible limit constitutes 0,01%.
In case of a higher level of the blood alcohol content (0,5% to 0,7%) there is imposed a penalty of 300 to 3700 Euro; if there have been one such violation earlier, the driver should be sent to a psychologist (approximate fee of 200 Euro). The third repeated case of similar violation, happened to the driver during the nearest two years’ time period, will result in the driver’s license revocation.
The main traffic regulations in Innsbruck are the same as in the rest of European cities. Still, it is useful to know that some violations are penalized much more severely:
- It is strongly forbidden to use a cell phone without a hands-free system while driving; the system could be operated only by one hand;
- Before starting a car, you should put on the seat belt – this is the law;
- Children under 12 years may only be transported in special chairs;
- You are obliged to have a high-visibility vest and a first-air set in a firm box in your motor vehicle.
Starting your car travel along Innsbruck by a rent car, you should be aware that the motorists are permitted to use only the lead-free petrol and diesel fuel. There are also several gas filling stations in Innsbruck. Leaded petrol is withdrawn from sale and forbidden for usage. It is allowed to have no more than 10 liters of petrol in a canister reserved in the car. Almost all the fuel filling stations operate automatically, the payment is accepted by a credit card. The approximate fuel cost is the following:
||1, 34 EUR