The life in Paris is pretty expensive. The same relates to the penalty sizes:
- Violations of the pedestrian rules — €4;
- Lane changing without usage of turn signals — from €35;
- Driving along the emergency lane — from €35;
- Driving through the red traffic light — from €135;
- Driving along the left lane, under the condition of free right lane — from €135.
Inside the city it is common to make the speed up to 50 km/h. The rainy weather should be discussed in particular. When the roads are wet, it is recommended to low down the speed. For example, if on a bright sunny day, having reached the suburbs of Paris and being outside of any built-up area, you can take run up to 90 km/h, while a rainy weather will slow you down up to 80 km/h on the same road. At the same time, the foggy weather will make you move under the speed of 50 km/h and no more, even in those cases when you are outside the city, driving along the motorway.
Parking rules for the cars booked in Paris
During the time period of 24 hours you can leave your car at one and the same place. However, after this time you should take your car back, as the longer time parking is prohibited. It is difficult if not impossible to find a free of charge parking zone in the center of Paris. That is why, you would rather use the automated parking meters or the underground parking lots. The card necessary for payment through the parking meters are sold in any tobacco shop. Moreover, it is possible to leave your car rented in Paris in the street on free of charge bases, in the following cases:
- Under the condition of special signs absence, you can park your car for the time period from 7:00 PM to 10:00 AM;
- On holidays;
- At weekends;
Some places are also available for the free of charge parking during the last summer month.
Permissible blood alcohol content level
Those people who can hardly refuse from a glass of wine or a pint of beer can easily drive a car in the capital of France. The «decent» level is limited up to 0,5‰, while all the higher figures will be punished rather severely. For example, it is quite possible not only to pay €4500, but also to stay without your driver’s license, and even get to the prison for two years. Such measures are applied to those people who have been caught while driving under the influence of alcohol, with the breathalyzer indicating more than 0,8‰. Still, if this level ranges from 0,5‰ to 0,8‰, the penalty will comprise €135.
Traffic regulations also applied for the booked cars in Paris
Compliance with the following traffic rules in the French capital will help you to preserve only pleasant impressions on your trip:
- The speed limit observance inside the city is a must — 50 km/h;
- The safety belts should be fastened for all car passengers without any exceptions;
- Children under the age of 10 years and lower than 135 cm should be transported in special boosters;
- Under the condition of poor visibility the dimmed headlight should be turned on, regardless of the time of day;
- It is prohibited to talk on a cell phone while driving if your car is not equipped with a special wireless communication device.
The fuel filling stations of Paris can offer you the lead-free petrol of both the 95 (€1,48) and the 98 (€1,53) standards. You can also serve your car with diesel fuel (€1,33). While the leaded petrol is almost impossible to find. Still, there are gas filling stations as well. If there is a necessity of having a canister with fuel inside the car, such variant is also allowed. You should remember that the roadside fuel filling stations offer higher prices than those stations located near the shopping malls.
The toll roads are quite common in France, and in Paris in particular. So, for example, moving to the motorway Paris - Lille, get ready to pay €15,70 for those 221 kilometers, which you will pass along this road. Some tunnels and bridges are also fee-based. The payment is performed practically by any method, depending on the motor vehicle category. If it is more convenient for you to use a credit card, it will be easily accepted as well as a payment by cash. Any remote payment methods will also suite perfectly well.