Fines for violations of traffic regulations
Foreign citizens shall pay all fines in cash according to tickets written by policemen. If you do not pay the fine, you will not manage to leave the country until the fine is paid.
||From 50 to 150 Euro
|Driving through a red light
|Unbuckled seat belt
||From 50 Euro
In Croatia, both policemen and automatic speed guns strictly follow the observation of speed limit. That is why try not to violate it whatever happens. Otherwise, you will unavoidably be fined. Hot rodding in Zagreb never stays unpunished.
- Within the city, the speed shall not exceed 50 km/h.
- Outside the city, the maximum allowed speed is 90 km/h.
- It is allowed to drive with the speed of not more than 130 km/h on highways.
- When driving through a tunnel, the speed shall not be more than 80 km/h.
Please, carefully follow the road signs all the time. In some situations, the abovementioned speed limit can change.
Parking lots in Zagreb
There are three types of parking spaces in Zagreb:
- You are prohibited to leave your car for more than an hour at red parking lots.
- A car cannot stay within more than two hours at yellow car parks.
- The car can be parked within up to three hours at green car parks.
You are obliged to pay for a parking space. Purchase a parking voucher in a special machine and put it under the windscreen of your car so that it will be seen well.
Blood alcohol limit
If you have decided to drive a rental car in Zagreb after drinking alcoholic beverages, you are recommended to adequately evaluate your state. The maximum blood alcohol limit is 0.05 permille. It is really not so much, maximum a bottle of beer. Therefore, if you have any doubts, do not drive a car. Otherwise, you can be punished with a large fine or deprived of a driving license.
Road traffic regulations in Zagreb
Traffic regulations in Zagreb are not different from the ones of other European countries. Therefore, you should not have problems when driving a car. Although there are a few peculiarities necessary to be taken into account:
From the last Sunday of October till the last Sunday of March, when the car goes, the dim light ought to be turned on all the time irrespective of the time of the day. In summer, this requirement is actual only in case the road is insufficiently visible or when driving through a tunnel.
Cost of fuel in Zagreb
Only lead-free fuel 95 and 98 as well as diesel oil can be purchased at Zagreb fuel stations. There are quite a lot of gas stations within and outside the city. The prices for fuel in Croatia are typical for Europe:
- The cost of one liter of fuel 95 is 1.34 Euro.
- The price for one liter of fuel 98 is 1.38 Euro.
- One liter of diesel oil costs 1.28 Euro.
You can transport not more than 10 liters of fuel or diesel oil in a can.