Rules of the road, you need to know when renting a car in Vancouver
Most of the traffic rules coincides with the international, however, in Vancouver, there are some subtleties:
- Carriage children only in special car seats;
- It is strictly forbidden not only to talk on a cell phone or send messages while driving, but simply to keep the device in his hand;
- The city is allowed to turn right, despite the red light;
- You should always give priority to pedestrians;
- The first crossroad with a sign "STOP" drives the vehicle that is nearer to it faster than others;
- In addition to traditional traffic lights, in Vancouver can be seen blinking;
- Yellow at the traffic light warns the driver of a difficult stretch of road.
Vancouver and the entire province as a whole, to which he belongs, is considered the most stringent in terms of the allowed rate of alcohol in the entire state. The maximum content of alcoholic substances in the body of the driver should not exceed 0.5 ppm by local rules. Otherwise, the violator will face serious punishment - not only fines but also the loss of rights.
Many stretches of road in Vancouver equipped with additional guidance with respect to the speed limit. If these signs are not seen anywhere else, follow the standard rules:
- The city travel at a maximum speed of 50 km / h;
- Leaving the highway, you can increase the speed to 90 km / h;
- Highway traffic does not imply faster 110 or 130 km / h.
Vancouver is characterized by a large number of different types of parking. Advantageously, the parking need make the payment. The city can also be found above ground and underground parking. With regard to free parking, they are distinguished by complex rules and conditions, which are always negotiated in the special information signs. Improper parking is fraught with a fine, the minimum of which - 20 Canadian dollars.