Fines for the violations of road traffic regulations in Zurich
In Zurich, the network of fines is stipulated for most of the road traffic violations. The sum of fine will be determined by the policeman. That is why if you have committed some offence and are stopped for this, you are recommended to be as correct and polite as possible!
|Driving through a red light
||From 50 to 100 Euro
|Driving on the road shoulder
||From 100 to 150 Euro
||From 50 to 100 Euro
|Parking a car with the working engine
In rare cases, when the sum of fine is rather small, you can pay the fine on site directly to the policeman. In most cases, you will have to go to the bank.
Speed limitation in Zurich
In Zurich, the largest fines are stipulated for speed infringement. The speed rate in the city corresponds to the European standards.
- The maximum speed allowed within the limits of population centers is 50 km/h
- It is possible to accelerate to not more than 80 km/h outside the city and on highways
- The speed shall not be more than 120 km/h on express roads.
Do not forget to follow the road signs. The requirements to the speed can change on some parts of the road.
Parking in Zurich
In Zurich, if you have rented a car, you will sooner or later need a parking place. There are many parking lots in the city. Nevertheless, before parking a car, make sure that this car park will be suitable for you:
In a white zone, the car park is mostly free. There are only rare exceptions. All necessary information is also situated on the sign of the parking space.
It is possible to park a car here only in case you have the necessary parking vouchers. The drivers, who come to Zurich for a not long period of time, do not use these car parks as a rule.
It is possible to meet such parking lots quite often. At that, they are empty practically all the time. However, do not hurry to go there! It is prohibited to park a car in these zones!
Blood alcohol level
The police in Zurich are extremely loyal to drivers. The allowed blood alcohol level can be up to 0.05 permille. None the less, it is not advised to get behind the wheel if you have drunk alcohol beverages. In case you exceed the allowed blood alcohol level, you are in for a lot of problems:
- In case your blood alcohol level is from 0.05 to 0.08 permille, the fine will be from 500 to 700 Euro.
- In case the level is more than 0.08 permille, the fine will make up from 700 to 1000 Euro. You will also be deprived of a driving license for up to three years.
A foreign driver, which is found guilty for drunken driving, risks being prohibited to come to the country again.
Cost of fuel in Zurich
It is possible to fill a car with fuel in Zurich without any problems. Fuel 95, fuel 98 and diesel fuel are always sold at all car parks. None the less, it is extremely difficult to find a gas station. Such stations are most of all located outside Zurich.
- One liter of fuel 95 costs 1.44 Euro
- The price for one liter of fuel 98 is 1.48 Euro
- The cost of one liter of diesel fuel is 1.53 Euro.
It is allowed to carry fuel in cans. However, the allowed amount is limited. It cannot be more than 20 liters.