Features of the road, which is to know when renting a car in Bangkok
In Bangkok, drive on the left, so you should drive carefully. The roads are very clogged traffic jams occur.
To rent a car, the driver needs to have the right international standard. There may also ask about the age and driving experience - each company rolled their demands.
In addition to the basic requirements, which do not differ from the European ones, should remember the following:
- instead of "right of interference" in Bangkok, all obstacles will be on the left;
- pedestrians a lot of foreigners who are not accustomed to left-hand traffic, so you need to be very careful;
- go shirtless is impossible, it is considered a violation of the rules of morality and penalties;
- cars moving on the roundabout, take precedence;
- often at the crossroads you can see how the drivers wrap left at the red light. Repeat this trick is not necessary;
- always have to be in possession of insurance and vehicle registration document;
- the flashing lights mean "give way";
- priority in the movement have large vehicles (vans, big trucks, etc.). So do not expect that the truck will give way to passenger cars;
- Try not to travel during peak congestion - from 7 to 10 am and from 16 to 19 o'clock.
Parking in Bangkok to rent a car
By the rules of parking in Bangkok are very seriously. Seats can sometimes be missed, while looking for space to free parking near restaurants and shopping centers.
There are indoor and outdoor paid parking. They cost an average of 0.7-2 dollars per hour.
Under prohibition sign and the territory marked white and red lines, you can not park your car. Many parking areas cease to be in odd or even dates. Look carefully for signs - almost all of them are duplicated in English.
In Bangkok, the least violations: high fines, police picky. The roads are everywhere patrols and radars that control speed. So here is a little break. Major penalties: nepristёgnuty belt, driving on the wrong side, a turn in the wrong place.
- The average fine - 500 baht.
- Nepristёgnuty belt and improper parking - 400 baht.
- Lack of registration certificate - 600 baht.
The right to collect and return immediately after the payment of a fine at the nearest police station.
For drinking and driving are very strict. The minimum penalty - 2 days in prison (awaiting trial) and a fine of 20,000 baht. The maximum - life imprisonment. Although corruption in Thailand is booming in this case agree with the law enforcement officers will not. Therefore, exceed the rate of 0.5 ppm is not recommended.
Around Bangkok, many paid private road, and all have free analogue. The average fare varies from 2 to 5 USD. Basically you need to pay in cash at check-in Baht, but there are places where you can also pay by credit card. Payment is accepted by the employee at the ticket office.