Penalties for the violation of traffic regulation, performed while driving hired cars in Frankfurt
If you have violated any traffic rule in Frankfurt, you should mind that your refusal to pay the penalty in place may lead to more deplorable consequences. After the police officers apply to the court, you will be obliged to pay significantly higher amount of money than initially. That is why it is recommended not to do beyond the law in any case. Here is the list of penalty figures, which are due for payment by the traffic rules breachers:
- Parking in the pedestrian zone will cost you € 15;
- Tailgate, depending on the speed rate, will cost you from € 25 to € 400;
- For the wrongly performed overtaking you will need to pay € 70;
- Having gone through a red traffic light you will pay the penalty, depending on the time period during which the prohibited light was flashing. For less than one second you should pay € 90, and for more than one second you should pay € 200;
- For the overtaking performed in the prohibited place, i.e. the place marked with the «overtaking prohibited» sign, your wallet will become easier for € 150.
In short, if you are going to book a car in Frankfurt, you should better follow the local traffic regulations.
If you have decided to park in the forbidden place, you are more likely to receive the penalty for this. A «forbidden place» means, for example, a place located against the traffic direction. Or a parking lot intended only for the local residents. Then again, the law-abiding Frankfurters will be very dissatisfied if you exceed the prepaid parking timeline. Special automated devices are used for controlling such «rebels». These devices record the parking entrance and exit time. Here are the sums you will need to pay in case of untimely exit from the parking zone:
- Less than 30 minutes — € 10;
- One hour — € 15;
- Two hours — € 20;
- Three hours — € 25;
- More than three hours — € 30.
The admissible blood alcohol content limit fixed for the people driving rented cars in Frankfurt
Of course it would be more pleasant to hope that if a car is rented, especially in such a law-abiding city as Frankfurt, nobody will drink alcohol while being at the wheel. However, if you have still been tempted by the famous German beer, then you should mind that the blood alcohol content level should not exceed 0,3‰. At the same time, if you have not committed any violation, while the tester shows the 0,5‰ level, but not higher, then the things are going to be alright for you, even if you are not a local resident, but just a client of a car rental agency in Frankfurt.
Blood alcohol level exceeding:
- The level higher than 0,5‰, but lower than 1,1‰ is punished by the penalty of € 500. But this is just for the beginning;
- For the second time the penalty will be € 1000, and the driver’s license will be deprived for the term of 3 months;
- The third case of the blood alcohol level exceeding will be punished by the penalty of € 1500 and driver’s license deprivation for the term of 3 months;
- If the level is higher than 1,1‰, it will result in a six months jail term and driver’s license deprivation for the period of 5 years;
- If your driving experience is less than 2 years, or the age is under 21, you are forbidden to drink alcohol while being at the wheel. That means that the blood alcohol content level should be equal to 0‰.
There are no toll roads in Frankfurt and its surroundings. Во Франкфурте и его окрестностях нет платных автодорог. The two toll tunnels and a beautiful panoramic motorway for the tourists are the only exceptions. However, they are located pretty far away from this city. The panoramic road, for example, is found on the border with Austria. So, all motorways in Germany, including Frankfurt, are open for your perceptual car trip!