Penalties for the traffic violations while driving a hired car in Dusseldorf
So, let's say you have violated traffic rules. Of course, you have the right to refuse the penalty payment in place, though we do not recommend doing so. Afterwards, in the court you will pay larger amount of money. This is the way how such penalty issues are solved in Germany. That is why, we advise you to become aware of the following rates:
- Penalty for parking in the pedestrian zone — € 15;
- If you fail to keep the right distance between your car and the car moving in front of you, you will pay from € 25 tо € 400;
- Wrongly performed overtaking will cost you € 70;
- Having driven through a red traffic light you will be obliged to pay a penalty depending on the red light flashing duration. Less than 1 second — € 90, more than 1 second — € 200;
- When overtaking a motor vehicle in a prohibited place marked with a restrictive sign, you are at the risk of losing € 150.
There are the following speed limits fixed for the passenger cars in Dusseldorf:
- Driving your car within the city boundaries, you are to make 50 km/h;
- Driving outside the city, you can put on speed up to 100 km/h;
- The speed limit intended for autobahns is regulated from 60 km/h., i. e. you should drive starting from this speed value and faster. 130 km/h is the recommended figure for driving.
Parking rules for the rented cars in Dusseldorf
The most important information is that the parking zone in the center of Dusseldorf is pretty expensive. Besides, there can hardly be found a free of charge parking lot. So, there arises a need to use the services of the fee-based garages, which number is more than sufficient all over the city, especially if the car is booked by you. The min convenience is that such parking zones are located in the vicinity of the city center, and their price equals approximately to €1,5 per hour.
Permitted blood alcohol limit
You will hardly consume alcohol in big volumes while driving a booked car in Dusseldorf. However, while visiting the Old Town, you may not refrain from a pint of beer, as there is a squillion of pubs in these streets. That is why:
- 0,3‰ — and nothing unpleasant will happen to you;
- 0,5‰, provided that there are no other violations, will also work out all right;
- If the blood alcohol level exceeds 0,5‰, you are more likely to have problems, such as penalties and probably even driver’s license deprivation.
The major traffic rules used in Dusseldorf in most of the cases are similar to our homeland ones, and stay the same for the whole territory of Germany.
- For example, a speed limit inside the city up to 50 km/h;
- While the dimmed headlights are recommended to be used constantly. Moreover, it is strictly prohibited to drive using only marker lights;
- The safety belts should be fastened for the passengers sitting both at the front and back seats of the car;
- Children under the age of 12 travel in special boosters, which should correspond to their weight;
- Talking on the cell phone while driving a motor vehicle is prohibited. However, if there are wireless communication devices installed in the car, the phone talks will not be punished with fines.
There are the 95 standard petrol, the 98 standard petrol, and diesel fuel available in Germany. Here are the approximate fuel rates:
- The price for the 95 standard petrol starts from € 1,51;
- The price for the 98 standard petrol starts from € 1,58;
- The price for the diesel fuel starts from € 1,38.
At the same time it is more favorable to service your car at the fuel filling stations located in the vicinity of large shopping malls. The fuel cost is a bit lower here that at the roadside fuel filling stations.
Germany is remarkable for the absence of toll roads, except the pass through the two tunnels and also the panoramic road on the border between Germany and Austria. Thus, there is no need for you to pay tolls in Dusseldorf. The sticker for entering the environmentally friendly zone is also of no need here, while Dusseldorf does not belong to one of these three zones set in Germany.