Rules of the road in a rented car in Cambridge
- In the UK, provided left-hand drive vehicles in Cambridge operates the same system. The driver does not need to forget about the main features of the machine is moving.
- Local people have great respect for pedestrians, so the driver must give way to pedestrians who cross the "zebra".
- Cambridge set frequent signs that indicate a change of speed of movement, the tourists have to pay attention to it.
- Interestingly, the usual domestic tourists are no signs here. For example, it does not find a sign "main road", "Make way." But the traffic lights in the area very much. There are no generally accepted rules - on every road, track or chiasm established guidance on how to act in a particular case.
- In the course of the vehicle the driver is prohibited to talk on a cellular mobile device to smoke. Violate these rules face a heavy fine.
- For transportation of children under 13 years are special seats for children.
- All passengers who are inside the car must wear seat belts.
Speed limits in Cambridge
Speed limits are as follows:
- in the center - 30 miles / h / 48 km / h;
- in the surrounding area - 60 miles / h / 96 km / h;
- on intercity highways - 70 miles / hour / 112 km / h.
Parking in Cambridge, as well as across the country, are very expensive. The driver needs to know that the road outlined by the edge of a double line, does not involve parking at all. Yellow marker allows the parking of transport, but only in strictly allotted time (after business hours) or if the driver has a special notice.
Payment parking space comes with the help of a number of machines installed. Having paid the required amount, the driver gets a ticket-parking permit. On the ticket indicates the time and duration of the parking facilities, as well as the amount paid. As a rule, pay at the machine does not exceed 50 pence, but in the city center, it can reach two pounds.
Fines for traffic violations in Cambridge
- For careless or inconsiderate driving (talking on the phone, enter the lawn, running a flashing traffic light) - up to 5 thousand pounds.
- The driver, who fled the accident scene - about 5000 pounds.
- If there is no insurance - up to 2500 pounds. Insurance for leased cars in Cambridge is made at the rental desk.
- For speeding - from 100 pounds to one thousand pounds.
- For speeding on the highway above the norm - up to 2500 pounds.
- For residents of disturbance signal bleeped in the interval from 23.30 to 7.00 and threatens monetary penalty.
The permissible level of alcohol in the blood - 0,8 ‰, higher rate - a flagrant violation that threatens the deprivation of a driving license for a year and pay a large fine.