Rules of the Road rental car in Oxford
- Like the rest of the UK, in Oxford transport moves according to the left-hand traffic. If the driver is difficult to adapt, it is recommended to buy a navigator. Electronic Instrument correctly orient it on speakerphone.
- All highways and bridges in Oxford are free.
- Travelers renting cars in Oxford, you should prepare for difficult areas on the road. At first glance, a simple movement can be a single-sideband to be very narrow, or have a special fixation with a standard layout. Generally, local roads are considered to be the most complex in the country. It is a recognized fact.
- Narrow roads cause difficulty that you can not always pull over to the side of the road. Most often, the road has a stone fence, which prevents escape transport. The fact is that local land plots are very expensive, so the deficit is per square meter. Many tourists travel on the roads compared with the roller coaster ride of Oxford, but to adapt to the management of transport, an experienced driver to cope with the management.
- At night, turn on the high beam is forbidden, you can drive a car with a dip-light.
- Along the highway are special phones orange. In the event of an accident or breakdown of the vehicle can be used for emergency calling.
Oxford - a small town, so parking spaces are very small. But even those that are, are very expensive. One hour parking may vary within 2-6 pounds for two hours.
The cost of fuel
The cost of fuel is very high at Oxford and is about 1.2 pounds per liter. But drivers should please the high quality of the roads, the presence of fixing violations surveillance cameras and quick help in case of breakage of transport.
Despite the fact that Oxford is very small, and the historical part is even smaller, there developed a whole system of speed limits.
On the main streets, you can not move more than a speed of 30 miles / h / 48 km / h. In the surrounding area of the city permitted speed of 60 miles / h / 96 km / h. And on intercity highways - 70 miles / hour / 112 km / h.
Allowable rate of alcohol in the blood is 0,8 ‰. When police stopped the driver and offers to take the test on the breath, do not give up. For refusing to transport the owner receives a large fine or a severe punishment. If after the passed test found an increase in the alcohol content, the driver loses his driver's license for a period of twelve months and pay a fine of 5000 pounds.