Speed limits for the cars leased in Cagliari
Even the temperamental Italians still comply with the traffic regulations, in particular, with the speed limits. First of all, the violation of these rules is sufficiently costly, as the penalties imposed for the speed limit exceeding are rather serious. Well, secondly, your life and health are extremely precious. So, while being at the wheel of a booked car in Cagliari, you should keep the following rules:
- Do not exceed the speed limit in the built-up areas, it should be not higher than 50 km/h;
- Put on speed up to 90 km/h right after leaving the built-up area;
- Driving along the road between the two built-up areas with the speed not higher than 110 km/h;
- For the large motorways the recommended speed limit is 130 km/h.
Parking for the hired cars in Cagliari
In Cagliari you should attentively follow the color of the lines, which mark the parking zones.
- The white color means that after you purchase a special parking disc in any tobacco shop, you can use the services of this free of charge parking area. Just set on this disc the time period at which you are planning to take back the car, and put this disc under the windscreen. The most important is not to be late while taking your car from the parking lot;
- The blue color is used to mark the parking zones equipped with the automated parking meters;
- The yellow color should prevent you from parking the car at such parking area. The thing is that this color is used to mark the parking areas intended for the company vehicles. That is why, when coming back to the place where you have earlier parked your car, you can simple not find it there. And it is extremely expensive to buy back your car from the auto impound;
- The underground parking zones are also a very good way out. They are equipped with the lifting gate, which is served by an operator or an automated device.
The traffic regulations
- The traffic regulations in Cagliari are in general the same as those in the continental Italy. For example:
- Restrictions for the consuming of alcoholic drinks. The blood alcohol level should not exceed 0,8‰, and which is even better, in order to be safe from penalties, it should equal to 0,5‰;
- The children under the weight of 36 kg should be transported in a special booster, and if their height is more than 150 cm, they should be also fastened by the safety belts;
- The dimmed headlights should be turned on, if the visibility is restricted by the bad weather conditions;
- The speed limit allowed in the built-up areas is 50 km/h, the penalties for the speed limit exceeding are severe;
- The talks by cell phones without usage of a hands-free system are also punishable;
- The car passengers should be obligatory fastened by the safety belts, no matter which seat they occupy – either the front or the back one.
Since there are no toll roads on the island of Sardinia, accordingly, there are no such roads in and around the capital of this island - Cagliari. That is why, a trip from one end of the island to another looks rather attractive, of course, if you are not restrained in the time frames or any other circumstances.
The road surface of Cagliari, and of the entire island as well, is in a very good condition, but due to the winding shape of the roads, you may need more attention and careful driving. But in general, even the surroundings of Cagliari are so picturesque that you just would not like to leave these magnificent places for some far away destinations.