Moving along the roads of the city, it is not necessary to focus on the local drivers, who are very often violate traffic rules, in particular - the speed limit:
- In the city you can ride at a speed not exceeding 50 km / h;
- The maximum speed outside settlements - 90 km / h;
- The limit for the road - 110 km / h;
- Limitation to the highway - 130 km / h.
In Thessaloniki accepted international rules of the road, similar to other Greek cities:
- You can carry children up to 3 years old only child car seats appropriate to their weight;
- It does not install the device in a vehicle, which recognize the police detectors;
- It is necessary to equip the car first aid kit, emergency stop signs, fire extinguishers;
- It does not use the phone while driving, except for a special headset.
Parking: where you can leave the rented car in Thessaloniki?
Despite the fact that the city has a sufficient number of parking lots, put your vehicle in the parking lot does not always work smoothly. Close to the most frequently visited parts of the city there are multi-level parking lot (for example, near the White Tower, on the waterfront, etc.). The easiest way to find a free space on the Sabbath day, as cars in this period, the streets much less.
Pay attention to the signs that mark the roads:
- White - parking is allowed (free);
- Blue - parking is allowed (fee);
- Yellow - parking is forbidden.
The cost of fuel
Three types of fuel available in Thessaloniki for fueling vehicles. These include diesel fuel, unleaded gasoline, and several brands of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
Prices of different fuels:
- 1 liter of gasoline of 100 - 1,678 euros;
- 1 liter of gasoline 95 - 1,557 euros;
- 1 liter of gas - 0,754 euros;
- 1 liter of diesel fuel - 1,254 euros.