If you decide to rent a car in Cologne, it is worth remembering traffic rules established by the legislation. Driving a vehicle while intoxicated is strictly punished by the traffic service. For persons whose age is 21, inclusive, and above the maximum permitted concentration of alcohol is considered to be 0,5 ‰.
- When the violation occurred for the first time, the driver will be punished by 500 euros. Re-arrest drunk will cost 1,000 euros. In addition, the driver can lose the rights for a period of 3 months. If a similar violation be repeated 3 times, the offender will have to pay 1,500 euros, while losing the right to drive for 90 days.
- Blood alcohol concentration above 1,1 ‰ punishable by significant fines, can result in imprisonment for six months with deprivation of the right to drive a vehicle for a period of 5 years.
Rules of the road while driving a rented car in Cologne
Travellers who decide to travel by car, rented in Cologne, ecological zones need to get a special sticker, sticker Plakette. It is attached to the windshield visibility inside. This document will enable unimpeded access to all the "Green Zone", located on the territory of Germany. The cost of the marker depends on the car, it can vary from 5 euros to 15 euros.
Children under 3 years old are allowed to be transported in a vehicle equipped with safety belts. Child increasing to 1.5 m in the age of 3 in the machine may be only on the seat back. In the cars must be equipped with a special locking system that meets the weight of the child under the age of 12 years.
When driving in bad weather in Germany is recommended to keep the included daytime running lights. This is especially true of days when the mist is in the air, goes sleet, rain. Include only one size is prohibited. Wear seat belts should always be. Otherwise you will have to pay a fine of 30 euros.
- Within the village is possible at speeds of up to 50 km / h.
- Outside the city to disperse the motorist may not be more than 100 km / h.
- Moving along the highway, the maximum permissible speed figures are 130 km / h.
When traveling on the highway, it is worth remembering that the lower the vehicle speed to below 60 km / h - is prohibited. If the weather provides for RV car circuits for the track can not move at a speed below 50 km / h.
Parking rental car in Cologne
On the territory of Cologne are plenty of paid parking, parking is often equipped with parking machines. At the time of entry to the site presents the driver card, a plastic card. On departure from the territory of the parking will have to pay for services in cash, credit or debit card through a simple handling the parking machine.
For violation of rules of parking the driver will have to pay a fine:
- Parking on unknown territory for a period of 30 minutes. It costs 10 euros.
- Parking violations by 60 minutes. to 2 h. - 15-20 Euros.
- Parking without rules for a period of 2 hrs., And will cost more than the driver of 25-35 euros.