In order to take a car in Valencia, you'll need the right international standard. In general, the rules of the road there is almost no different from other regions of Spain and central Europe in general, but there are small moments that take better account in order to avoid accidents:
- banned from leaving the lane of the road, dedicated to buses and taxis;
- Valencia is very common roundabouts. Whoever in the ring, it has an advantage;
- to turn left or turn have to pass the ring to the right;
- Traffic lights are rapidly change color from yellow to red, so if you see a flashing green, it is better to stop;
- drivers are very impatient and begin to start more when they lit red and starts "flashing". This is another reason for the above;
- watch out for cyclists and motorcyclists - a lot of them and they behave as if the rules of the road for them do not exist;
- overtaking cyclist is possible at a distance of at least 1.5 meters;
- overtaking cars on the right is not encouraged;
- every driver must carry a reflective vest, spare wheel and a pair of emergency signs in the event of failure, due to their lack of a penalty.
Penalties in Valencia are divided into two types:
- with the machine (not staffed without registration certificate, etc.);
- a driver (not wearing a seat belt, speeding, drunk driving, etc.).
According to the severity of violations are divided into three categories: medium, heavy on the very serious offenses. Depending on the category of fines ranging from 100 to 600 euros, with deprivation of rights. The most severely are talking on the phone with the hands, not wearing seat belts, driving under the influence and other. The same offense can be classified in different ways: speeding 20 km / h would be an offense of medium gravity, while speeding at 60 km / h again will cost 600 euros and the offender rights.
Fines should be paid through the bank. Keep in mind that even if you do not have time to pay for a receipt before returning to their home country, you will still be obliged to do so. In the case of a rented car, this amount can be deducted from your credit card or your data is forwarded to the management of traffic police, from which you get a notice requiring payment.
Speed limits are a little different from some countries, but are typical for the European Union:
- zone reservation - 30 km / h;
- in the city - 50 km / h;
- on other roads - up to 100 km / h;
- on the freeway - at least 60 km up to 120 km / h.
If the machine is equipped with snow chains, maximum allowed for her speed - 50 km / h, regardless of the type of road.
The cost of fuel
Rent a car in Valencia need something to fill. On the gas stations you can find unleaded gasoline 95 (1.32 euro per liter) and 98 (1.44 euro per liter) and diesel (1.17 euro per liter). In addition, almost everywhere there are gas refueling (0.67 euros).
By toll road Valencia leads the AP-7 Barcelona - Valencia (347 km). Travel costs 36.55 euros. Also Alicante Valencia connects toll highway Valencia - Alicante (178 km), for the use of which is necessary to pay 17.15 euros. You can settle in cash or card.