Traffic rules that must be followed if you decide to rent a car in Salou
Rules of the road especially no different from those adopted in Spain and other EU countries. But there are particular driving in Salou. Always remember these things:
- Vehicles must be equipped with a pair of emergency signs, reflective vest and a spare wheel;
- follow very closely the presence of a traffic light: because of the height of the can be simply not to notice, especially when the sun is shining bright;
- all passengers without exception, must wear seat belts;
- children under 12 must travel in the rear seat of the car;
- Children under 6 years of age should travel with the help of chairs that meet their height and weight;
- Do not overtake the car on the right, it is not accepted, although it is not strictly forbidden;
- watch out for cyclists carefully, they often violate traffic rules. Passing a cyclist allowed a minimum of 1.5 m;
- if you need to turn or turn left, this must be done through the rotunda (the ring road). To turn to the left you need to drive through the rotunda to the right;
- beep in the city is strictly prohibited by law.
For violations of traffic rules are provided very large fines - from 100 to 600 euros. The size of the penalty depends on the nature and gravity of the offense, as well as timely payment. If the driver pays the fine penalty "on the spot" the traffic service, or pay through the bank receipt within 15 days, you get a bonus: the fine will reduce by 2 times.
For repeated violation or drunk driving can also take away the rights, and in some cases provided for imprisonment.
The roads in Spain are actively using radar speed camera. If the police become aware of the presence in the car radar detectors, will have to pay 6000 euro fine.
Speed limits are somewhat different from those in Russia:
- zone reservation - 30 km / h;
- in the city - 50 km / h;
- Roads of the City - 100 km / h;
- on the motorway - 120 km / h. Minimum speed - 60 km / h.
The most that can afford the car driver - a glass of wine or a dry (!) Of wine. The level of alcohol in the blood must not exceed 0.5 ppm.
Drunk driving is a very serious violations and draws a fine of 200 euros and more. If repeated or very serious violation, which is also accompanied by alcohol intoxication, may withdraw the law, and even sentenced to prison.
Parking for cars rented in Salou
Designated car parking always enough. Usually you can park everywhere where it is not prohibited by the yellow markings and a sign «VADO».
Allowed to park the car:
- even days - on the side of the street with even numbered houses;
- on odd days - on the side of the street with odd-numbered buildings.
Be careful to follow this rule, otherwise the machine would be on a penalty-parking lot and you have to pay for the tow truck (about 100 euros).